Saturday, June 2, 2012

New Recipes in the Kitchen!

Thursday was a busy day for me in the 'Sweet Treats' kitchen, thanks to a pleasantly cool day.  I woke up early and decided to try out a couple new cupcake recipes.


 The first was an 'Orange Dreamsicle' cupcake with an orange flavored buttercream icing.  It smelled so good while it was baking and tasted even better once they were iced.


The second was 'Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip' with a peanut butter flavored buttercream icing with chocolate drizzled across it. 

Both cupcakes passed the taste test from my two favorite newscasters!
Jeff Cunningham and Kathy Sweeney from KFVS-12, here in
Cape Girardeau, Missouri.


I met Kathy a few years ago and she always tries to touch base with me to see how I am doing.  She is a sweetheart.  When she heard I was trying to start my own business she was thrilled and has been trying to help promote and get the word out.  I can't tell her enough about how much I appreciate her help and friendship.

After she and Jeff gave the cupcakes the 'thumbs up'.... I decided that these two flavors definitely made the list.  Now I have to figure out my next two recipes to test....
Any suggestions????

Hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend!

Debbie

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you Deb. You will do fantastic I know!!!!

    ReplyDelete