Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Sweet Treats

I don't know about you but its been a hot and crazy summer here.  Not a  fun thing to only have a little window unit air conditioner... but the baking goes on.  Here is what I have been up too!



I had a customer who has the vacation tradition of giving her kids a sweet something on day one of their family vacation and this year she decided to do some of Deb's Sweet Treat Cookies! 

Something else that I tried for the first time was high heel cupcakes.  


Everything on the heels were edible.  I hope to have the chance to try these again and let me tell you.. I already have a few ideas on how I am going to do them differently. 

Friday night I had this Boot Cake for a bridal shower. 


When the customer called, I was surprised to find out it was for a Bride whose wedding cake I am suppose to be doing in September! 

Last....  I had the opportunity to do a BIG order for a wedding rehearsal.  There was over 80 cookies to do. 


These were very time consuming but it was all worth it to see the customer's reaction!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have loved my summer of baking but unfortunately business hasn't picked up enough for me to quit my part-time job.  I just have to keep trying to get my name out there and hope that maybe things will pick up and I will be able to quit next year...

A girl can hope, right???

Hope your all keeping cool!

(((hugs)))
Debbie  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb...just popping by to see how you're doing. Your cookies are awesome! Love the batch of bright, sun shiny treats!!
    I'm sorry that you have to hang on to the part time job...I'll sure be praying that next year works out better for you.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ...you are so talented...they all look yummy..hugs, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sunfollower best. They really look sweet!

    artisoo

    ReplyDelete